Khao Hom Thai Cuisine is located in Claremont in Cape Town, South Africa. It is as if you step into Thailand upon entering this restaurant.
If you are looking to try out something different and amazing then this is the place to come to. Located in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town in an area called Claremont, is this amazing muslim family owned SANHA approved Thai restaurant. It is directly opposite the Livingstone Highschool.
The decor of this restaurant is amazing. When you enter, on the left hand side, the wall is beautifully decorated with pictures of Thailand. On the right next to the counter is an artistically decorated shelf. The decor really creates an authentic Thai experience. It is actually like a piece of Thailand in Cape Town.
What we had:
- Chicken Satay – skewers served with special peanut sauce.
- Crispy Wontons – minced chicken in crispy wonton pastry, served with sweet chilli sauce.
- Basil and chilli stir-fry – stir-fry sauce with green beans and basil.
- Ba Me Prik Phao – Classic stir-fry – yellow egg noodles, vegetables and cashews in roasted chilli paste.
- Phad Thai – Thai rice noodles stir fry with Phad Thai sauce.
Each dish we tried was absolutely amazing and tasted so different from each other. The portions are really generous and we were more than satisfied. I could not choose a favourite as they were all equally delicious. You can taste the freshness of the ingredients, making the food very wholesome, and they all complement each other so well.
After being to this restaurant I definitely feel like I have visited Thailand. There is a really warm atmosphere complemented with amazing service. The food is really of a high quality and we could taste this in every bite. There is enough diversity on the menu to tickle your taste buds.
Address: 117 Imam Haron Road
Claremont, Cape Town
Phone: 062 741 9374
Disclosure: Level 1
More posts you will enjoy: